Pro Taper Evo Handlebars
The EVO bar is Pro Taper’s top of the line bar without a crossbar. Oversize diameter handlebars, without cross bars, were invented, and patented, by Pro Taper. This design allows the bar to flex more and absorb impacts better than other bars. This offers the rider more comfort and less fatigue without sacrificing bar strength. The EVO handlebar utilizes a computer profiled 4mm wall design and is up to 25% lighter than other bars yet up to 45% stronger. Motocross Action magazine says of the EVO bar: ”The amount of flex Pro Tapers provide takes the jolting edge off of rough tracks and lessens hand fatigue.” and Transworld Motocross magazine says: “We don’t care what kind of bike you ride, the EVO will improve the comfort.”
- Made from 4mm, proprietary, 7000 series aluminum alloy for superior tensile and yield strength
- Best balance between fatigue life, impact strength and impact absorbing flex
- High tech, stress relieved, shot peen and anodized finish for unmatched durability
- Independent lab tests show that the EVO handlebars outlast every other handlebar on the market in fatigue life
- Epoxy inner coating resists corrosion
- Left side knurling provides maximum grip traction
- Chemically applied cut lines and alignment grid are scratch and peel resistant
- End plugs help keep the elements out of the handlebar tubing and aid in longer grip life
- Weighs only 1.4 pounds (640 grams)
- Pad sold separately
How is it different from our Contour handlebar?
The Contour model is a special blend of alloy processed into 5mm wall thickness tubing. The EVO model utilizes a computer profiled 4mm wall design, thus making the EVO handlebar lighter and giving it a more sensitive feel. In addition the EVO also is made of a unique blend of premium alloy that has proven results. EVO also incorporates the use of a unique coating inside the tubing to resist corrosion ultimately extending the life of the bar.